What should we do after we bought a compressor？
The choice of installation site is often overlooked by the staff. Often, the compressor will find a place after it is purchased, and it will be used immediately after piping. There is no prior planning at all. Little is known about such a sloppy result, but it has become the cause of future difficulties in compressor repair and maintenance and poor compressed air quality. Therefore, choosing a good installation site is a prerequisite for the correct use of air compressor systems.
1. Wide and well-lit areas are required to facilitate operation and maintenance.
2. The relative humidity of the air should be low, the dust is little, the air is clean and well ventilated.
3. The ambient temperature must be lower than 40 ℃, because the higher the ambient temperature, the less the output air volume of the compressor.
4. If the factory environment is poor and dusty, pre-filter equipment must be installed.
5. Reserve a passageway, those who have the conditions can install a crane to facilitate maintenance.
6. Reserve space for maintenance, the distance between the compressor and the wall must be at least 70 cm.
7. The distance between the compressor and the top space is at least one meter.
Piping, foundation and cooling system precautions
1. Precautions for air piping
(1) When piping the main pipeline, the pipeline must have an inclination of 1° to 2° to facilitate the discharge of condensate in the pipeline.
(2) The pressure drop of the piping line should not exceed 5% of the set pressure of the compressor, so it is better to use a larger pipe diameter when piping.
(3) The branch pipeline must be connected from the top of the main pipeline to avoid the condensation water in the pipeline from flowing into the gas consumption equipment. The compressor air outlet pipeline should have a check valve.
(4) If several compressors are installed in series, a ball valve or an automatic drain valve must be installed at the end of the main pipe to facilitate the discharge of condensate.
(5) Do not shrink the main pipeline arbitrarily. If you must reduce or enlarge the pipeline, you must use a reducer, otherwise there will be mixed flow at the joint, resulting in a large pressure loss and affecting the service life of the pipeline.
(6) If there is a gas storage tank and a dryer and other purification buffer facilities after the compressor, the ideal piping should be the compressor + gas tank + front filter + dryer + rear filter + fine filter. In this way, the gas storage tank can filter out part of the condensed water, and the gas storage tank also has the function of reducing the temperature of the gas exhaust. The air with lower temperature and less water content will enter the dryer to reduce the load of the dryer or filter.
(7) If the air consumption of the system is large and the time is short, the instantaneous air consumption varies greatly, it is advisable to install an air storage tank as a buffer (the capacity should be greater than or equal to z* 20% of the large instantaneous air volume), This can reduce the number of frequent loading or unloading of the compressor unit, and reduce the number of control element actions, which has a great benefit in maintaining the reliability of the compressor operation. In general, a gas storage tank with a capacity of 20% of the displacement can be selected.
(8) For compressed air with a system pressure below 1.5 MPa, the flow velocity in its delivery pipe must be below 15 m/sec to avoid excessive pressure drop.
(9) Minimize the use of elbows and various valves in the pipeline to reduce pressure loss.
(10) The ideal piping is that the main pipe surrounds the entire plant, so that you can get double-sided compressed air at any location. For example, when the gas consumption of a certain branch increases suddenly, the pressure drop can be reduced. And the appropriate valve should be arranged on the ring main line for the purpose of maintenance and cut-off.
(1) The foundation should be built on a hard floor. Before installation, the foundation plane must be leveled to avoid vibration caused by the compressor and noise.
(2) If the compressor is installed upstairs, anti-vibration treatment must be done to prevent the vibration from being transmitted downstairs or resonance, which has hidden safety hazards to the compressor and the building itself.
(3) The vibration generated by the screw compressor is very small, so there is no need to make a fixed foundation. However, the ground on which it is placed must be flat, and the ground must not be soft soil. The bottom of the compressor should be covered with soft pads or anti-vibration pads to prevent vibration and noise.
(1) When you choose an air-cooled compressor, consider its ventilation environment. The compressor should not be placed near the high-temperature equipment to avoid the exhaust temperature of the compressor being too high and affecting the normal operation of the unit.
(2) When the use conditions limit the installation of the compressor in a small enclosed space, the pumping and exhaust equipment must be installed to facilitate air circulation and circulation, and the capacity of the pumping and exhaust equipment must be greater than the exhaust of the compressor cooling fan Volume, and the location of the exhaust inlet should be suitable for the location of the hot exhaust outlet of the compressor.