How does the reciprocating compressor valve work？
Suction /Discharge valves:
Acts as Non return valves.
Let the gas enter/ discharge at specific pressure.
Suction valves fitted on top and discharge valves are fitted on bottom of the cylinder:
Consists of valve seat, valve guard, valve plates etc.
Valve Internal Components:
Valves must be properly installed Means:
- Suction valve: you can depress the plate in toward the centre of the cylinder.
- Discharge valve: you can depress the away from the cvlinder
When a valve leaks:
- The gas returning through the valve is hotter and valve become hotter.
- Detected by measuringskin temperature of valve cover.
- To be checked by operatorin morning hours