How to accurately test the efficiency of air compressor
In order to accurately obtain the data of the efficiency of the air keepwin compressor, during the detection, the air production (intake) of the air compressor must be obtained simultaneously, expressed in CFM or M3, and the electric power of the air compressor, in KW Or HP . For the measurement of the air compressor's gas production, it is recommended to use an orifice flowmeter, which is installed at the compressed air outlet during the measurement. The general error of the data obtained by the test is within 5% except for the gas production (intake). In addition, for the measurement of electricity consumption, a power quality analyzer can be used to calculate the operating power of the air compressor. Here, it must be particularly emphasized that the power quality analyzer preferably has a power factor measurement function so that the correct operating power can be calculated. For the efficiency testing of air compressors, an orifice flowmeter is used to measure the efficiency of an air compressor:
1. Detailed inspection and recording of various data, such as compressed air pressure level, cooling water temperature, water pressure and other data.
2. Select the size of the orifice group flowmeter according to the size of the pipeline, and determine other auxiliary materials and matters.
3. Turn off the power of the air compressor first during the test.
4. Close the compressed air line exhaust valve.
5. Open the lower exhaust valve of the storage cylinder, evacuate the gas in the cylinder, and make the air pressure drop to normal pressure.
6. Install the orifice group flowmeter on the pipeline.
7. Do the wiring work before the power quality analyzer test.
8. Install a pressure gauge on the orifice group flowmeter and reset all valves.
9. Start the air compressor, manually set the discharge pressure to the rated working pressure of the air compressor, keep the pressure stable for more than 5~8 minutes, to facilitate accurate measurement of efficiency.
10. Adjust the orifice group flow meter valve to a flow value.
11. Record the temperature, pressure, motor power, power factor and CFM value of the orifice group before the compressed air outlet (see the table below).
12. Repeat steps 10 to 11 multiple times, in which common pressure values must be tested.
13. Shut down, turn off the power of the air compressor, and remove the precision power quality analyzer.
14. Reduce the pressure gauge of the air barrel to 0kg/cm2G, and then remove the orifice group flowmeter.
KEEPWIN TECHNOLOGY HEBEI CO.,LTD is a good stable quality supplier in China compressor factory, gas compressor manufacturing base.Keepwin offers you various range of gas compressor like normal standard VSD two stage screw compressor, reciprocating piston type & diaphragm compressor of CNG compressor, Natural gas compressor, CO2 compressor, hydrogen compressor, nitrogen booster compressor, methane compressor, etc. High quality control is our culture. Fast professional efficient service is our core.
If you want more details of the products. Please click Inquiryto offer us the below technical information: