An overview of reciprocating compressor construction
The main components of a reciprocating positive displacement pump kit, pictured in figure , include the following:
– Drive, e.g. electric motor
– Drive unit, e.g. gear for increasing torque and housing a crank drive
– Diaphragm pump head, e.g. with plunger and hydraulic part for driving the diaphragm
– Fluid valves for controlling the flow
– Valve body for adaptation to the specific customer piping
The variability and economy of the kit are the result of both practical standardization and proper flexible design of relevant components. Optimal function, good efficiency and suitable material variants are the decisive factors here.